- This event has passed.
Live CLE Webinar: The Why, The How, and the Do's & Don'ts of Attorney Engagement Letters
June 7 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pmClick Here to Register
Webinar sponsored by:
Free for ADLA members
Attorney Non-Members- $25
Presenter: Aaron Dettling of Fortif Law Partners
In this one-hour CLE program, we will cover the why, the how, and the do’s and don’ts of attorney engagement letters. Using concrete examples and suggested model language from actual engagement letters, Aaron will tackle:
- Practical and ethical reasons why lawyers should use engagement letters
- Major topics that should always be covered in attorneys’ engagement letters
- What must be in a written engagement letter
- What should never be in an engagement letter
- Special subjects: conflict disclosures and waivers, identity of client when forming a corporation, payment of fees by parties other than clients, joint representation, trust accounts, disengagement provisions, and others
This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission of Alabama for a maximum of 1 hours’ credit.